Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What I'm reading; Fiction Edition


Ok, ok, ok- so I've been feeling slightly supernatural lately and have been reading a whole bunch of vampire-ish novels.

I've read the entire Blood Books series by Tanya Huff- also known as Blood Ties, from the TV show.
There are 5 books in total in this series, and I enjoyed all of 'em! Granted, this isn't grand literature, but they are entertaining, fun and distracting- which is what novels should be anyway. They feature a heroine that is both strong (a former cop) and fragile- eminently beliveable as a person!

I'm also in the middle of two other novels; Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris- more popularly known as True Blood the HBO series, and Circus of the Damned by Laurell K. Hamilton, which is book 3 of the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series.
Both are parts of series, and so far both are ok. I'm enjoying the Anita Blake novel more at the moment, but that may be due to the fact that right now I keep conflating the TV show and the novel in the case of Dead Until Dark.



~~~~~~~~~~
I also just finished another novel that I picked up on a lark at the used bookstore the other day. The Night Inside by Nancy Baker.
And, actually- ignoring the awful title and even worse cover art, this was actually surprisingly good! A really intense read about a grad student who is kidnapped to be used as 'food' for a captive vampire. Obviously the two connect and escape and chaos ensues. Yet, it was notable for illustrating the darker side of the requirement of vampirism, namely, taking another life.

(Links to Amazon: here, here, here & here)

2 comments:

  1. Have you seen the show Blood Ties? Henry is delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed I have! I just may need to buy season 1 on dvd too :D

    ReplyDelete